Collision Reporting Center

When should a driver report a motor vehicle collision at the centre?

Only collisions which have occurred in the particular area.

Richmond Hill, Markham or Vaughan Collisions

You can report collisions at the collision reporting centre. If your collision occurred in any other municipality, please call the local police.

Collisions may be reported at the collision reporting centre providing it does not involve:

  • A danger to on-scene motorists
  • Personal injury
  • Any criminal activity, such as impaired driving or stolen vehicles
  • A government vehicle of any kind
  • A vehicle which is transporting dangerous goods
  • Damage to third-party property, such as a parked car where the owner is not at the scene
  • Damage to private, municipal or highway property
  • A pedestrian or cyclist
  • An uncooperative driver

If any of the above circumstances exist, an officer should attend the scene

The Highway Traffic Act requires that collisions must be reported to police if injuries are involved, if property damage appears to exceed $1,000 or if there is damage to private, municipal or highway property.

For more information, visit:

Local Reporting Centre:


  • Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
  • Saturday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
  • Closed Sunday and holidays